cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Gavin Lee <gavin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can we get private SSH key
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:01:26 GMT
Which version do you use? Have you tried the listSSHKeyPairs?   Do you
mean the bug is CS-12667?

In CS3.0, the createSSHKeyPair and listSSHKeyPairs have the same
response value. If the listSSHKeyPairs does not return privatekey or
hidden by design, I think you are right that the only way to get
privatekey is via api: createSSHKeyPair.

Here is a reference [1] for sshkeypair deep dive, hope can help a little.

[1] -- http://chriskleban-internet.blogspot.com/2012/03/build-cloud-cloudstack-instance.html

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Julien Garet <julien.garet@inria.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I've created ssh key pairs using the API. From the doc, I thought I could get back the
private keys with listSSHKeyPairs, but in fact there's a bug opened telling the doc is not
good et private key is hidden. So my question : Is there a way to get this ssh private key
from the API ? Or the only moment we have it is when it is created ?

--
Gavin