cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Victoria Elizalde <kivieliza...@gmail.com>
Subject Networking issues with CS API
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:20:55 GMT
Hi, I am trying to build an infrastructure for testing purposes via the
Cloudstack API. Right now, we´re using only one server, so our datacenter
only has 1 zone, 1 pod, 1 cluster and 1 host. XenServer 6.02 is the chose
hypervisor and we´re using NFS for both the primary and secondary storage.

Our host is configured with 4 different physical networks for Management,
Storage, Public and Guest traffic. We have created 2 Management Interfaces:
the primary in the management network and storage in the storage network.

We want to use advanced networking in CS, in order to have different guest
networks with isolation.

Through the CS API, we´ve created the 4 different physical networks, added
the corresponding traffic types and completed the xennetworklabel
accordingly.

We enabled the zone, but the system VMs didn´t start. Reading the logs, we
discovered that we had some networking issues. We found this in
catalina.out:
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (catalina-exec-24:) Private Network
is CloudAdmin for host 172.17.2.106
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (catalina-exec-24:) Guest Network
is CloudAdmin for host 172.17.2.106
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (catalina-exec-24:) Public Network
is CloudAdmin for host 172.17.2.106
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (catalina-exec-24:) Storage Network
1 is iSCSIA for host 172.17.2.106
INFO  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (catalina-exec-24:) Storage Network
2 is CloudAdmin for host 172.17.2.106

CloudAdmin is the Management Network Label, and iSCSIA the Storage Network
label. This means that both Public and guest traffic are going through our
management network. I´m not sure what we´re doing wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Victoria