cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject UI: Too many Clicks(aargh)
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:59:20 GMT
Hello All,

In an effort to improve upon the user experience of CloudStack I wanted to tackle the most
talked about issue we've heard about in the ui, too many clicks. With that in mind, I wanted
to ask where you guys are going within the ui that causes this issue. Is it from 1 destination
point to more information(i.e. dashboard ->instances->instances details{stance detail
tabs}) or is it from section to action(i.e.  infrastructure->zone->select zone->network
tab->select network->network config).

We reworked the Infrastructure page for global access to all parts as opposed to the original
version when it was just statistics of a zone. With the example I sent out a few days ago(see
link below), we also want to add a quickview with possible navigation options to a new table
design. Your feedback will help us determine where we should be navigating to in this new
view and where we can also make adjustments.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and help.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Apache+CloudStack+UIX

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA