cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Navigation concept
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:13:43 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Pranav.

We considered the tree structure as in the 2.2.x version but soon realized that the list of
items in the tree view would begin to grow larger than the initial ui can handle. This may
be something we can revisit when we look into increasing the size of the current ui.

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: Pranav Saxena
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:10 AM
To: cloudstack-dev@incubator.apache.org; cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Cc: Sonny Chhen
Subject: RE: Navigation concept

Hi Sonny ,

This seems to be a really good idea. However , I have something to suggest  . How about the
following -

When you navigate to the left hand side for the menu -items to appear  (when the cube rolls)
, why not have the tree structure view also for the tabs ( infrastructure , network etc. )
, like it used to be there in the prior  versions of CloudStack UI.

This would give the user some kind of flexibility to either use the breadcrumbs or the tree
structure  (minimizes clicks  as well  + denotes the hierarchy as well ) to navigate to which
ever place he wants to.

Please , let me know , how feasible and practical this idea would be.

Thanks & Regards,
Pranav