cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Inter-vlan ACL Network changes
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:36:46 GMT
Thanks for the feedback Chip.

I'll look into other ways of accessing the data as having two different links within the same
tier may seem confusing.

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 11:29 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Inter-vlan ACL Network changes

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Chhen@citrix.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> There's been some feedback in regards to simplifying adding an ACL network in the Inter-VLan
 as a global setting, instead of per tier. Please take a look at the mocks at the links below,
and let us know your thoughts on this alternative method.

> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/6848648/acl1.jpg
> -user rolls over settings icon and selects ACL networks
>
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/6848648/acl2.jpg
> -Panel opens to list all current ACL networks and a "Add ACL Network button"
>
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/6848648/acl3.jpg
> -User clicks on the button and adds a network but must also select the
> tier for the network
>
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/6848648/acl4.jpg
> -Added ACL networks tab on the detail view of the tier just in case the user still wishes
to add the ACL network on the tier directly. Also added IP Address tab to view IP information
as opposed to opening another panel.

> Sonny H. Chhen
> Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems -
> CloudPlatform
> 4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

Sonny,

These look great.

I do have a question though:  The location / use of the hover-over on the "diagram" page seems
a little off.  I realize that you are currently asking about the specific change to make adding
a network ACL, but would it be possible to consider doing something that would make those
configuration options a little easier to find?  It seems like they would be appropriately
placed somewhere to be conceptually near the Virtual Router.  I say this, because it represents
the logical point of control for the listed features.

-chip