cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sonny Chhen <Sonny.Ch...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: really bad UI design
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 17:42:20 GMT
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve the UIX of CloudStack as
well as new features that are being implemented. I believe the  first issue you mentioned
already has a bug attached to it in Jira and we are working to rectify it. Can you please
file an "improvement" ticket at http://bugs.cloudstack.org for the second issue you mentioned?
We appreciate all forms of feedback and look to improving CloudStack to its full potential.

Thanks You and Best Regards,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

-----Original Message-----
From: mpatton@inforelay.com [mailto:mpatton@inforelay.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:35 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: really bad UI design

I realize I'm new to CloudStack and all but these errors are so fundamental they shouldn't
exist in the first place let alone after all this time.

1. no password confirmation when changing value - the field is hidden so you can't see what
you typed. Either visually un-hide what the user is typing or at the very LEAST have a 2nd
field where they must repeat their entry.

Furthermore, it is standard practice to require the user to provide the old password before
accepting a new value.

2. In user management, clearly there is the concept of groups if evidenced only in the silliness
of "accounts/admin/users/admin" before one can change the 'admin' user account's password.
At the very least introduce the word "group" at the top level. I suggest renaming the 'admin'
group to 'cloud admins' or 'super-users' or something that denotes their supreme rights.