cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: Ports needed between servers
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 06:34:35 GMT
Let's bring this back up.  According to the document from Citrix, the ports that are needed
are all TCP.  Is this correct?  Or do we need UDP for some of these as well (nfs, rpc, etc)?
 I've got the required ports opened up (according to the document) and I'm unable to mount
my secondary storage.  I'm guessing it's due to needing UDP as well but would like to confirm
that before asking for more ports to be opened from our neteng team.

TCP works on port 2049:

[root@offshore-hv01 ~]# telnet 10.4.43.44 2049
Trying 10.4.43.44...
Connected to 10.4.43.44.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.
[root@offshore-hv01 ~]#

However, when I try to mount the nfs share, it just hangs and times-out:

[root@offshore-hv01 ~]# mount 10.4.43.44:/vol/offshore_vm_images /mnt/nfs
mount: mount to NFS server '10.4.43.44' failed: timed out (retrying).
mount: mount to NFS server '10.4.43.44' failed: timed out (retrying).
mount: mount to NFS server '10.4.43.44' failed: timed out (retrying).
^C
[root@offshore-hv01 ~]#

Thanks,
Caleb

On Aug 28, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Caleb Call <calebcall@me.com> wrote:

> I've found this document that should give me what I'm looking for (unless something has
changed).

> http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/2389-102-673796/CitrixPorts_by_Product_and_Port_2060.pdf
>

> On Aug 28, 2012, at 3:45 PM, Caleb Call <calebcall@me.com> wrote:
>
>> What ports are needed to be open from the management server to hypervisors and hypervisors
to management servers?  I've ran netstat on the boxes and can only see port 443 on the hypervisor
talking to the management server and nothing on the management server talking to the hypervisors.
 I'm working on setting up a new zone that is firewalled off from our management server so
I'm trying to figure out what ports are actually needed.