cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Mice Xia" <mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com>
Subject RE: A bug about assign VLAN ID to storage network?
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 05:53:17 GMT
Yes, this is a bug in zoneWizard, VLAN is failed to save into DB when you add it from zoneWizard.
As William mentioned, you can get around it by adding it on infrastructure page.

Regards
Mice

-----Original Message-----
From: William Clark [mailto:majorgearhead@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:08 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Cc: <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: A bug about assign VLAN ID to storage network?

I found the same bug. Here is how I got past it.
- Take the zone offline (you may need to take pod etc offline as well)
- stop your system vm's
- go into you storage network and delete what is there and then re-add with the proper vlan.

- start everything back up

The trick here is to bring the system vm's down into a state they won't restart on their own.
If they are running, deleting the storage network info will not stick, ie you delete it, move
to another config window and then back it will magically come back. If the system vm's are
truly down the storage network line will not come back on it's own and you can add the proper
one back.

Good Luck

Bill Clark