cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Mice Xia" <mice_...@tcloudcomputing.com>
Subject RE: change / replace public ip range
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:16:23 GMT
In database there is a table 'user_ip_address' for public IP address allocation, maybe you
can try changing its address and restart network on UI.
There is also a table 'vlan', and you may want to change its description to reflect your new
IP range in UI.

It seems to work for trunk, not sure if it's applicable for 3.0.2.

Caution:
Don’t forget to backup your database (or everything) before you try this workaround.

Regards
Mice

-----Original Message-----
From: heince kurniawan [mailto:heince@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 12:28 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: change / replace public ip range

Hi,

I'm using CS 3.0.2 advanced networking , just changed our ISP with new IP ranges, and I'm
trying to change the previous ip assignment.

This is what i've done:
- stop all vms
- maintenance all hosts
- destroy router and system vms
- disable zone

but i still can't delete the public ip, status : "The IP range can't be deleted because it
has allocated public IP addresses."

Even though i have destroyed router, the guest network mapping to public ip is still on state
'allocated', i can't delete the guest network :
"Can't delete the network, not all user vms are expunged. Vm VM[User|i-2-7-VM] is in Stopped
state"

And i don't want to destroy all the vms, any workaround ?

Bottom line: i just need to change the public ip range without destroying any user's vm.

Regards,
Heince