cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: username can be a request parameter for addCluster API; how do retrieve the value for username for a cluster?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:51:58 GMT
On 7/20/12 9:12 PM, "Evan Miller" <Evan.Miller@citrix.com> wrote:

>Running CloudStack Management Server:
>  v3.0.2.1
>On:
>  [root@cumulus management]# uname -a
>  Linux cumulus.eng.citrite.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6
>19:48:22 GMT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>  [root@cumulus management]#
>Hypervisor :
>  XenServer v6.02
>
>Hi:
>
>In this API Doc:
>http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/api_3.0.0/root_admin/addCluster.h
>tml
>
>I see that username can be a parameter name when adding a cluster.
>In fact, I can add that parameter name when adding a cluster through the
>API.
>There is no error when doing so.

These parameters are used by vmWare only - we need them in order to access
a Vcenter while adding a new cluster. I'll file a bug for Api doc
improvement - we need to reflect this info there.

>However, how do I access the value for username through the ? It isn't
>listed as
>a response tag either for addCluster or for listCluster:
>
>http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/api_3.0.0/root_admin/listClusters
>.html

We never return username/password, neither when addHost command is
executed, nor for addCluster. What is your use case, Evan? Why do you need
these parameters to be returned?

Thanks,
Alena.