cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <Ahmad.Emne...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Removing a Zone
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:10:52 GMT
On 7/3/12 1:50 PM, "Caleb Call" <calebcall@me.com> wrote:

>We're setting up a cloudstack install and one of our guys setup the first
>zone as a basic zone.  We need the vlan support the advanced provides so
>we're trying so remove the basic zone and recreate an advanced one.
>However, ever after removing system VMs, we are not able to remove the
>pod.  We get an error that says "There are private IP addresses allocated
>for this pod".  This isn't the case though (atleast not that we can see).
> Is there anyway to see where the IPs are supposedly being used, and/or
>forcibly remove this pod or zone?
>
>Thanks,
>Caleb

What you might want to do is disable the zone and set the various process
intervals for cleanup (found in the global settings section) to run more
often. The params you will want to change are the following:
- expunge.interval
- expunge.delay
- network.gc.interval
- network.gc.wait

These will require a service restart. I believe you have vm's that have
yet to be expunged. This will speed up the process.