cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: How to test the high availability feature of VMs running on kvm hosts in cloudstack
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 20:56:01 GMT
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM, jekie <jekie8@163.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>       I created a new computing service with high availability enabled in cloudstack
UI console successfully.With that computing service,i added a new kvm virtual machine on which
windows server 2003 sp2 x64 operation system is running.My Problem is how to test auto-failover
of high availability feature of the virtual machine? Pulling out Network cable of KVM host
will cause the entire cloud fail.

That's a bug if it does.
Pulling power or network cable should eventually start fencing the VMs.
If your virtual router is on that host then it will indeed take
everything behind it down, but you could use redundant virtual router
to mitigate that.

--David