cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jason Davis <scr...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue when trying to create a template from a previously created snapshot
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:47:33 GMT
This is all inter-related to the VDI corruption I ran into earlier :)

If an end user tries to create a new template from a previously create
snapshot they receive this error message in the UI:

downloadSnapshotsFromSwift failed due to
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException:downloadSnapshotsFromSwift
failed

Looking at the logs and cloud DB, I'm not seeing an obvious explanation as
to why this is occurring. It should be noted that the VM that the snapshot
is based off of is suffering from the VDI corruption issue and at present
is un-bootable.

As far as troubleshooting steps taken so far, I've just done the easy
stuff. Restarting the SSVM and restarting the cloud-management daemon.

-Jason