cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From sebastien goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject DevCloud host-only interface
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:40:49 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to add a host-only interface to the DevCloud VM, so that I
can have other VMs (not nested ones) on the same internal network.
I have a centOS 6.2 VM setup with host-only and it works as expected.

Somehow the eth1 that I added to DevCloud in /etc/network/interfaces
receives all the arp packets but does not reply to any.
To define the interface I added:
auth eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

eth1 comes up and gets an IP from the dhcp server of vbox. The IP
actually responds briefly to ping during boot time but then it stops
answering.

If I ping the IP from the host, I can see the arp request on the guest
interface, there are just no replies going out.

I don't know Ubuntu that much, the setup works well with a CentOS 6.2 Guest.

Any ideas ? thanks

-Sebastien

--
---