cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tomoe Sugihara <to...@midokura.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] DevCloud, an all-in-one-box CloudStack development environment
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:22:20 GMT
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:

> > Not rdeploydb, but successfully ran "rdebug".
> > However, I still can't find ListTemplate even in /var/log/cloud/
>
> Better to fix rdeploydb at first, right now, your system is in a good shape.
> If you had taken a snapshot for devcloud after importing the devcloud.ova into virtualbox,
then you can revert back to the initial state.
> Then we can test the preinstalled cloudstack mgt server works for you or not, by go to
http://localhost:8080/client, then enable the zone, wait for a few minutes, ssvm will come
up, and the tiny user vm will be available.
> Anyway, I'll write up the whole setup/configuration/how-to-use, step-by-step illustrated.

Thanks for the writeup. That's very helpful.
I started from scratch and was able to see the tiny Linux template is normal.

Now, another problem is that I can't seem to launch a VM; I'm getting
this error:
---------------------------
  [sshexec]      [java] INFO  [api.commands.DeployVMCmd]
(Job-Executor-13:job-13)
com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
create a deployment for VM[User|ccc]Scope=interface
com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
--------------------------

I also tried launching a VM with vanilla DevCloud(without doing any
ant commands),
 and I was ableto launch it. However, the launched tty Linux gets ip
address 10.0.0.15,
 which is the same address as devcloud and then web GUI became inaccessible.

As a side note, it should be useful to add a port forward setting for
8787 in VirtualBox
so we can remote debug easily.

Thanks,
Tomoe