cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chip Childers <chip.child...@sungard.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] DevCloud, an all-in-one-box CloudStack development environment
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:30:49 GMT
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com> wrote:
> BTW, the wiki page is been updated with step-by-step illustration on how to use DevCloud:
http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/comm/DevCloud

Edison,

This really is great...  I love that I can now work with CloudStack
without network access!

You mentioned earlier in the thread that you had partially implemented
the devcloud build process in the devcloudsetup.sh script.  Do you
have a list of outstanding items that others can pitch in and add to
the script?

One thing that I really liked about the OpenStack project's DevStack,
is that it is really a set of scripts that build an environment from a
fresh install of Ubuntu OR Fedora.  I would love if this was a goal we
could work towards with DevCloud.

Two other thoughts / questions:

1 - Did you consider using puppet recipes to configure the system?

2 - Did you consider wrapping the configuration / setup process with Vagrant?

I'd love to help make this an easier / cleaner / more maintainable
tool for the community.  Please do share any thoughts on how you might
want help from others.

-chip