cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: iSCSI or NFS
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:46:25 GMT
In our experience, NFS has been much easier to operate than iSCSI.  Many thinks they understand
iSCSI but it's not easy to get iSCSI + MPIO + multiple VDIs on the same LUN often makes for
a operations nightmare.

We haven't done straight NFS vs iSCSI performance comparisons but there are papers done in
the academia.  Most of them shows with the right versions, NFS performance is similar to iSCSI
on raw bytes basis however is significantly slower on dealing with meta data such inode manipulation.

--Alex