cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Edison Su <Edison...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] DevCloud, an all-in-one-box CloudStack development environment
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 00:20:50 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 7, 2012, at 9:19 AM, "Tomoe Sugihara" <tomoe@midokura.com<mailto:tomoe@midokura.com>>
wrote:

Hi Edison,

This is very helpful for newbies like me.
However, I tried this according to the wiki page, but found some problems listed below.
I managed to add a host, but couldn't even launch a VM due to the issue 3.

I hope this would help improve DevCloud.

2. rdeploydb didn't work

  Since many scripts uses --password option to pass in password and mysql prompts you, many
of the commands failed.

  I ended up ssh'ing to dom0 and did the equivalent db setup.

Possible reason: do you override dbrootpw in build/override/replace.properties on your host
CloudStack source code directory? If it's been override, then rdeploydb will use $dbrootpw
to deploy devcloud db, while devcloud db password is empty, so then failed.

3. tiny Linux template is not in good status

 Status says "Unable to resolve nfs1.lab.vmops.com<http://nfs1.lab.vmops.com>"...

 Is there any place from which I can download templates easily?
You don't need to download this template, it's already preinstalled on devcloud image, it's
put under /opt/storage/secondary/template/tmpl/1/5/.
After secondary storage vm booting up, it will report this template to mgt server.
Can you stop/start secondary storage vm? And check the management server log(/opt/cloudstack/incu*/vmops.log,
search ListTemplate. What ListTemplate returns?

Cheers,
Tomoe

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Edison Su <Edison.su@citrix.com<mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com>>