cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Evan Miller <Evan.Mil...@citrix.com>
Subject Can clusters (and their hosts and vms as well as pooling of cpu and ram) be 100% independent of other clusters in the same pod and zone?
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:07:13 GMT
Running CloudStack Management Server:
  v3.0.2.1
On:
  [root@cumulus management]# uname -a
  Linux cumulus.eng.citrite.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 19:48:22 GMT 2011 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  [root@cumulus management]#
Hypervisor :
  XenServer v6.02

Hi:

I haven't been completely successful in doing this. Partially successful only.
Is all of this possible?

Have a single CSMS serve multiple clusters in which each cluster
is 100% independent of any other cluster. When I say 100% independent,
I mean, independent by VM, by host, by pooling, by resource reporting,
and by end user. That is:

  Each user in same domain only sees their VMs (confirmed as successful),

  Each VM is associated with a particular host (confirmed as successful),

  CPU capacity from a host is never shared outside its cluster (is this possible? how confirm?),

  Memory capacity from a host is never shared outside its cluster (is this possible? how confirm?),
and

 Cluster level capacity report like GUI -> Infrastructure -> Zones -> Zone ->
Resources (is this possible? how?)

Regards,

Evan Miller

Citrix Systems. Inc.
Desktop and Cloud Engineering Infrastructure
4988 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054