cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Evan Miller <Evan.Mil...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Two hosts in the same cluster are not independent of each - why and how to fix?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 00:58:54 GMT
Hi Bill:

I may have forgotten about manually changing those two
global settings after that particular CSMS re-install.
I've cleaned things up on the CSMS since then. So, unless
I can reliably reproduce with trusted GUI settings, this
issue can be closed.

Thanks.

Regards,
Evan

-----Original Message-----
From: William Clark [mailto:majorgearhead@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 5:21 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Two hosts in the same cluster are not independent of each - why and how to fix?

Also you probably want to go into global settings and set your expunge times down from where
they are at. By default they keep deleted vms around for some time. You can see this if you
go to XenCenter and take a look at your Hypervisors.

Bill Clark
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2012, at 5:12 PM, Evan Miller <Evan.Miller@citrix.com> wrote:

> Running CloudStack Management Server:
>  v3.0.2.1
> On:
>  [root@cumulus management]# uname -a
>  Linux cumulus.eng.citrite.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6
> 19:48:22 GMT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux  [root@cumulus
> management]# Hypervisor :
>  XenServer v6.02
>
> Hi:
>
> I have a cluster called LS_R12345.
> I have one host called xen01 and another host called xencs1.
> I am aware that a host is not really in maintenance mode until
> Resource state says "Maintenance".
>
> The problem is a moving target ...
>
> Initially, one host could not be independently created.
> That is, when I created xen01, then both xen01 and xencs1 showed as up.
> Likewise, when I created xencs1, then both xen01 and xencs1 showed as up.
> I only told the CSMS GUI to create one host at a time.
>
> That above behavior changed after I experimented with maintenance mode
> and deleting hosts.
>
> Now, the new, odd behavior is as follows:
>
> If I create xen01 first, it shows up fine, but then I can't add xencs1
> later. I get a GUI error that simply says can't add host.
>
> Also, for xen01, it is taking an extraordinarily long time to go from
> PrepareForMaintenance to Maintenance Resource state. In fact, it may be stuck in that
PrepareFor Maintenance Resource state.