cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Evan Miller <Evan.Mil...@citrix.com>
Subject Two hosts in the same cluster are not independent of each - why and how to fix?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 23:12:04 GMT
Running CloudStack Management Server:
  v3.0.2.1
On:
  [root@cumulus management]# uname -a
  Linux cumulus.eng.citrite.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 19:48:22 GMT 2011 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  [root@cumulus management]#
Hypervisor :
  XenServer v6.02

Hi:

I have a cluster called LS_R12345.
I have one host called xen01 and another host called xencs1.
I am aware that a host is not really in maintenance mode until Resource state
says "Maintenance".

The problem is a moving target ...

Initially, one host could not be independently created.
That is, when I created xen01, then both xen01 and xencs1 showed as up.
Likewise, when I created xencs1, then both xen01 and xencs1 showed as up.
I only told the CSMS GUI to create one host at a time.

That above behavior changed after I experimented with maintenance mode and
deleting hosts.

Now, the new, odd behavior is as follows:

If I create xen01 first, it shows up fine, but then I can't add xencs1 later. I get
a GUI error that simply says can't add host.

Also, for xen01, it is taking an extraordinarily long time to go from PrepareForMaintenance
Maintenance Resource state. In fact, it may be stuck in that PrepareFor Maintenance Resource
state.
This, basically, messes up deleting xen01 and may cause other problems for xencs1 given the
apparent
dependency between xen01 and xencs1.

Why is this happening and how to fix?

Thanks.

Regards,

Evan Miller

Citrix Systems. Inc.
Desktop and Cloud Engineering Infrastructure
4988 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054