cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Evan Miller <Evan.Mil...@citrix.com>
Subject Externally Managed Clusters - pointer to more info?
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:31:10 GMT
Running CloudStack Management Server:
  v3.0.2.1
On:
  [root@cumulus management]# uname -a
  Linux cumulus.eng.citrite.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 19:48:22 GMT 2011 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  [root@cumulus management]#
Hypervisor :
  XenServer v6.02

Hi:

Where can I find info on externally managed clusters?
I looked here and didn't find any details:
   http://download.cloud.com/releases/3.0.0/CloudStack3.0AdminGuide.pdf
Rather than tear down my cloud-managed setup and experiment with the attribute,
I'd rather read about how this feature is different than cloud-managed. For example,
is there no pooling at all of multiple hosts in the same cluster when the clustertype is
defined as externally managed?

Thanks.

Regards,

Evan Miller

Citrix Systems. Inc.
Desktop and Cloud Engineering Infrastructure
4988 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054