cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Evan Miller <Evan.Mil...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-23-VM]
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 02:57:41 GMT
In an Basic Setup Installation Loop now ...

Please see the second attachment after merely
changing the hostname to its equivalent ip address.

Only option appears to be to kill the GUI
install. Any ideas?

Regards,
Evan

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Miller [mailto:Evan.Miller@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:48 PM
To: Alena Prokharchyk; cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-23-VM]

The upgrade to 3.0.2 has been disappointing so far.
Here were my steps:

   service cloud-management stop
   tar xvzf CloudStack-oss-3.0.2-1-rhel6.2.tar.gz
   cd CloudStack-oss-3.0.2-1-rhel6.2
   ./install
   Select U for upgrade existing libraries.
   cloud-setup-management
   cloud-setup-databases cloud:c1tr1x=@localhost --deploy-as=root:c1tr1x=
   Checked my database configuration in /etc/cloud/management/db.properties.
   service cloud-management restart
   In a browser: http://10.217.5.192:8080/client/
   Enter "password" as the default password.
   DONE getting the GUI going.

What should I have done differently to preserve the previous metadata related to CloudStack?
I couldn't believe that the upgrade caused a reset of the CSMS from the beginning, and I had
to re-type all of the ip, xenserver, pod, etc. data in again.

My steps started me over from scratch with the CSMS.

After entering everything in the various text boxes, please see the snapshot. How should I
resolve this?
I want to use the same host (the CSMS) for serving both the primary and secondary filesystems.

While waiting for your response, I'll go back and see if I can see what is wrong with primary
and secondary filesystem setup in CSMS.

Regards,
Evan