cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Evan Miller <Evan.Mil...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-23-VM]
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 00:42:21 GMT
As ROOT Admin, listRouters API produced the following:

{ "listroutersresponse" : { } }

Fyi, under the Networks tab, I show one Network only:

guestNetworkForBasicZone using DefaultSharedNetworkOfferingWithSGService

I restarted that network, but that didn't help.

What are the steps to create the router, if it doesn't exist?

Regards,
Evan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ahmad Emneina [mailto:Ahmad.Emneina@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:41 PM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-23-VM]

On 7/3/12 3:27 PM, "Evan Miller" <Evan.Miller@citrix.com<mailto:Evan.Miller@citrix.com>>
wrote:

Running CloudStack Management Server:

  v3.0.1.1

OS:

  [root@cumulus management]# uname -a

  Linux cumulus.eng.citrite.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 19:48:22 GMT 2011 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  [root@cumulus management]#

Hi:

I am trying to deploy the simplest of VMs from the GUI.

Attached the csms failing job's log output in job-53.txt.

How do I fix these two problems reported in the attached log file?

1)  Unable to apply dhcp entry on disconnected router r-4-VM(4)

2)  Host name: xenserver1-cs, hostId: 12 is in avoid set

Is #1 an important error, since I am using well-defined ip address ranges?

In #2, how do I get xenserver1-cs out of the avoid set?

Regards,

Evan Miller

Citrix Systems. Inc.
Desktop and Cloud Engineering Infrastructure
4988 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054

What state is your router in? It seems to be unreachable, I'd attempt to restart it... Maybe
even destroy it. The avoid sets' scope doesn't go beyond the vm deployment. Every time you
deploy a vm the avoid set is empty.