cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Donal Lafferty <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>
Subject Template Distribution
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:02:11 GMT
Does anyone have experience using the "details" optional parameter of RegisterTemplate?  I'm
wondering what the limits are to the 'Details' optional field.
The background is that I've run into a couple of instances where people want to spin up VMs
in CloudStack from a template that does not change from CloudStack to CloudStack.  E.g the
VM is either their product, or a cloud-based VM that the product relies on.  Unfortunately,
template Ids vary from CloudStack to CloudStack even when the image is the same.  However,
the RegisterTemplate API call allows templates to be tagged with additional details.  I'd
like to use these as the means of discovering the template, but there does not seem much detail
on how the field works.

Can anyone give me quick example of how to add key/value pairs to the details parameter?
(Knowing the field size limits would be useful as well)