cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: limits and features
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:43:35 GMT
>>>Is there a way to deploy a VM in a particular cluster? We would like to dothat,
since we´re probably going to have different server models, with different licenses but we
didn´t see any way to do that neither from the UI nor from the API.

You can do that by using host tags per cluster. You can add same tag to all the hosts within
a cluster.
Host tag can be added either while adding a new host or through updateHost API.

Put the same tag on the service offering used to create the VMs. This will ensure that the
VM gets deployed to the matching tagged host only.

-Prachi