cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Error while starting Vm. Vm Id: 11: How to fix?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 22:41:47 GMT

On 7/13/12 2:59 PM, "Evan Miller" <Evan.Miller@citrix.com> wrote:

>Running CloudStack Management Server:
>v3.0.2.1
>On:
>  [root@cumulus management]# uname -a
>  Linux cumulus.eng.citrite.net 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6
>19:48:22 GMT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>  [root@cumulus management]#
>Hypervisor :
>  XenServer v6.02
>
>Hi:
>
>Ran the cleanup script that I previously received from Alena to cleanup
>VMs and the XenServer before attermpting to re-add the instance using
>the GUI.
>
>No other instances currently exist.
>
>Only one host exists, a XenServer.
>
>The lone XenServer is currently is in the Alert State about Creating a
>New VM.
>
>Under the Instances tab, for Display name, it has ³No data to show².
>
>Please see the attached management log file.
>
>How can I fix this?
>
>Regards,
>
>Evan Miller
>
>Citrix Systems. Inc.
>Desktop and Cloud Engineering Infrastructure
>4988 Great America Parkway
>Santa Clara, CA 95054
>

>Log shows you don't have any hosts in the only one cluster in zone:

>2012-07-13 14:46:35,283 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>(Job-Executor-1:job-33 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Looking for hosts in dc:
>1  pod:1  cluster:1
>2012-07-13 14:46:35,286 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>(Job-Executor-1:job-33 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) FirstFitAllocator has 0 hosts to check
for allocation: []

>So allocator can't find the capacity to start the vm.

>-Alena.

Allocator looks for the hosts that are in UP state. Since the only host in your cluster is
in Alert state, no hosts are found for deploying the VM.

Main problem to look at is why the host is in Alert state.  You should see some errors in
the log when the host tries to connect during management server startup.

Prachi