cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <Abhinandan.Prat...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: About server hardware
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:48:30 GMT
Hi Jewel,
   If you list down the requirements for the guest VM in terms of CPU, RAM and storage adding
that to Xenserver overhead you can get the requirements for the hardware you need.
For Xenserver overhead, simple rule of thumb is to allow 512 MB for the XenServer total (Hypervisor
plus the control domain) if there is less than 5 GB of memory in the server, and allow 1 GB
of memory if there is more than 5 GB in the server.
  Also you need to decide if you want HA, in that case you will need some redundant hardware.
-abhi