cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mel...@eu.citrix.com>
Subject A few new people you can contact
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:47:46 GMT
Hi all,

As you probably know, it was OSCON last week, and a lot of people working on CloudStack got
to meet face-to-face for the first time.  It was especially good to meet with our Apache mentors
and people from the other Apache projects and discuss our incubation there.  We took the chance
to talk through a few of the things that need more attention since the transition to Apache
- the kinds of things that are harder now that we're globally distributed and lots of different
companies and people are involved.  We got some volunteers for these things, and I just wanted
to introduce those people so that you know who you can contact if you need help.  You should
hear more from these people in the future, and if you have questions or need help then feel
free to ask them specifically.

Ahmad Emneina is going to work specifically on helping people integrate around CloudStack.
 If you want to integrate something into CloudStack and you don't know where to start, then
he's your man!

Edison Su's recent work on DevCloud will continue, and he'll be working on that full time
so that it's as easy as possible for developers to get started with CloudStack.

And personally, I'm going to work specifically on the roadmap for the next few CloudStack
releases, and so I'm going to work with the community to come up with a plan for releases
and release management.  Most immediately, it is time that Apache has their first CloudStack
release (the last open-source release was done by Citrix) so I'm going to get the last few
issues resolved and work with the dev team to put together a release plan.  Expect to hear
more from me on this topic this week, and if you have any input, then please feel free to
join that thread.

Cheers,

Ewan.

--

Ewan Mellor, Director, Open-Source Engineering, Cloud Platforms, Citrix.