cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Saif <ahmad.abos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: vm not connected to virtual router
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:27:05 GMT
This is due to vlan problems, your two hypervisors must be on the same
vlan; so you can commuincate with the router.
Check your switch, and create on it the vlan range you have created on
cloudstack; make sure that all your hypervisors ports allow those vlans.

thanks

On Wed 04 Jul 2012 04:23:27 PM EET, LAMBERT Thomas wrote:
> hi,
>                  i am running CS 3.0.2 with kvm as hypervisor. My cloud has 1 zone, 1
pod and 1 cluster with 3 hosts. When i create a vm, if the virtual router is not created on
the same host than the vm, then the vm is not connected to the virtual router.
>                  This means that the dhcp, sourec nat etc. is not applied. Thus eth0
has no ip address, and when i do "ifdown eth0&&  ifup eth0", it does not see the dhcp.