cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sailaja Mada <sailaja.m...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Removing a Zone
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 05:26:26 GMT
Hi,

Can you remove the entries from vm_instance table and then try deleting the POD.

Thanks and Regards,
Sailaja.M

-----Original Message-----
From: Caleb Call [mailto:calebcall@me.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:42 AM
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Removing a Zone

@Edison - That's the state we're currently in.  The zone is disabled.  We basically removed
everything starting with secondary storage.  So we removed Secondary storage, Primary storage,
Hosts, and Clusters.  We now can't remove the pod (or zone) because of this error.

@Sailaja - That query returns ~2800 rows, but no private IPs are assigned.  However, it looks
like all of them are stuck in an Expunging state.  Can I just remove those from the database?

mysql> select state,COUNT(*) from cloud.vm_instance;
+-----------+----------+
| state     | COUNT(*) |
+-----------+----------+
| Expunging |     2803 |
+-----------+----------+
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

@Geoff - See above, we have been able to remove everything up to the pod level, including
system VMs and even the hypervisors (hosts).

At this point, with no hosts added, I can't see any possible way an IP is actually being used.

Thanks guys for the quick responses.

On Jul 4, 2012, at 1:14 AM, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:

> Ensure all System VMs and Virtual Routers have been destroyed so they release their IPs.
 When deleting a Zone, I always put all Primary Storage and Hosts into Maintenance, then destroy
all VMs, but I find sometimes you have repeat the destroy process as the System VMs get recreated
 even when everything is in maintenence mode.

> On 4 Jul 2012, at 05:49, "Sailaja Mada" <sailaja.mada@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you check the records of vm_instance table with query :>  select
> id,name,instance_name,private_ip_address,pod_id from
> cloud.vm_instance;
>
> This table gives the information about private_ip_address usage within the POD . POD
deletion will fail If there are any system VM entries with the state of expunging .

> Thanks and Regards,
> Sailaja.M

to 1 sec and still no luck.  We tried restarting the service, nothing, we even rebooted the
server with no luck.  The odd thing is the only VMs even built were the system VMs, we haven't
even attempted to build or spin-up any instances ourselves.  Like I said, we're still trying
to get the networking piece configured properly.  Are there any other suggestions on what
we could try?  It wouldn't be a big deal to just rebuild the management server but I'd like
to figure this out for when it's a prod machine and I have something like this crop up.

> Thanks,
> Caleb
>

> ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services
to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue's

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not
the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,