cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Caleb Call <calebc...@me.com>
Subject Re: A few new people you can contact
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:07:52 GMT
Ewan, or anyone else that may be more familiar with the project,

Has any progress been made on your last point of coming up with a roadmap for the next few
releases?  I'm really curious when we'll see the first Apache released Cloudstack.  Also on
that point, will the next released version be 3.0.3 and follow with Cloud Platform, or will
it bring it current with Cloud Platform and go right to 3.0.4?

Thanks,
Caleb

On Jul 24, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@eu.citrix.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you probably know, it was OSCON last week, and a lot of people working on CloudStack
got to meet face-to-face for the first time.  It was especially good to meet with our Apache
mentors and people from the other Apache projects and discuss our incubation there.  We took
the chance to talk through a few of the things that need more attention since the transition
to Apache - the kinds of things that are harder now that we're globally distributed and lots
of different companies and people are involved.  We got some volunteers for these things,
and I just wanted to introduce those people so that you know who you can contact if you need
help.  You should hear more from these people in the future, and if you have questions or
need help then feel free to ask them specifically.

> Ahmad Emneina is going to work specifically on helping people integrate around CloudStack.
 If you want to integrate something into CloudStack and you don't know where to start, then
he's your man!

> Edison Su's recent work on DevCloud will continue, and he'll be working on that full
time so that it's as easy as possible for developers to get started with CloudStack.

> And personally, I'm going to work specifically on the roadmap for the next few CloudStack
releases, and so I'm going to work with the community to come up with a plan for releases
and release management.  Most immediately, it is time that Apache has their first CloudStack
release (the last open-source release was done by Citrix) so I'm going to get the last few
issues resolved and work with the dev team to put together a release plan.  Expect to hear
more from me on this topic this week, and if you have any input, then please feel free to
join that thread.