cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <prasanna.santha...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Removing a Zone
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 05:39:54 GMT
On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 01:26:26AM -0400, Sailaja Mada wrote:

> Can you remove the entries from vm_instance table and then try
> deleting the POD.

That's a bad idea - Expunging is the final state of a VM. These are
valid entries. As Ahmad pointed out only if you have any that are
"Expunging" but failed to be marked as removed would those be invalid
entries to look out for.

The private IP addresses can be found in the op_dc_ip_address_alloc
table. Corresponding to each row in there is a nic_id. Pick the ones
with a non-null nic_id and check against the nics table to see if that
nic_id is removed. The ones that are in use are in "Reserved" state.

Deleting of a zone has been an issue in 3.0.0 IIRC.  Which version are
you at?

--
Prasanna.,