cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From LAMBERT Thomas <thomas-d.lamb...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject RE: vm not connected to virtual router
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 15:21:22 GMT
thanks for your answer, it does make sense to me now, in a global way.
But i don't know how to create the vlan range, do you have a link or sth that could describe
this process please?
before i did not separate managment/storage and public/private trafics and it was working
well, thus i never had to check this vlan range.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ahmad Saif [mailto:ahmad.abosaif@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 4 juillet 2012 16:27
À : cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Cc : LAMBERT Thomas
Objet : Re: vm not connected to virtual router

This is due to vlan problems, your two hypervisors must be on the same
vlan; so you can commuincate with the router.
Check your switch, and create on it the vlan range you have created on
cloudstack; make sure that all your hypervisors ports allow those vlans.

thanks

On Wed 04 Jul 2012 04:23:27 PM EET, LAMBERT Thomas wrote:
> hi,
>                  i am running CS 3.0.2 with kvm as hypervisor. My cloud has 1 zone, 1
pod and 1 cluster with 3 hosts. When i create a vm, if the virtual router is not created on
the same host than the vm, then the vm is not connected to the virtual router.
>                  This means that the dhcp, sourec nat etc. is not applied. Thus eth0
has no ip address, and when i do "ifdown eth0&&  ifup eth0", it does not see the dhcp.