cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jewel Nuruddin <jewel.nurud...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: About server hardware
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:04:53 GMT
Hi Abhi,

Thank you very much, actually I have the following scenario for hypervisor.
HDD: 500 GB
RAM: 32GB
CPU 8 Core @2.9GHz

and each guest vm is
HDD: 50GB
RAM: +/- 4 GB
CPU 1 Core +/-@ 2.0 GHz
Maximum 8 guest VM

in my server two eth each  gigabit

I want to run some mysql and membase service which have huge disk I/O
So is the server configuration is OK or do i need SAS HDD or something else?

Thanks
Jewel

--- On Mon, 7/9/12, Abhinandan Prateek <Abhinandan.Prateek@citrix.com> wrote:

From: Abhinandan Prateek <Abhinandan.Prateek@citrix.com>
Subject: RE: About server hardware
To: "cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org" <cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org>,
"jewel.nuruddin@yahoo.com" <jewel.nuruddin@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, July 9, 2012, 9:48 PM

Hi Jewel,
   If you list down the requirements for the guest VM in terms of CPU, RAM and storage
adding that to Xenserver overhead you can get the requirements for the hardware you need.
For Xenserver overhead, simple rule of thumb is to allow 512 MB for the XenServer total (Hypervisor
plus the control domain) if there is less than 5 GB of memory in the server, and allow 1 GB
of memory if there is more than 5 GB in the server.
  Also you need to decide if you want HA, in that case you will need some redundant hardware.
-abhi