cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: CS 3.0.2 and XCP 1.5 Beta Multihomed Instances
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:37:26 GMT
I think what you are trying to achieve is possible, assuming the main goal is to have a NIC
on each VM with direct access to a public Internet connection without any NAT etc.

You mention that there is no smart VLAN switch on the network, but that could be your first
stumbling block.

If I wanted to give every VM a Public NIC I would use advanced Networking (Requires a V!AN
Switch), use one Physical NIC for 'Management', 'Guest' and 'Public' and assign the second
physical NIC as another 'Guest' Network.

You then need to create a custom 'Network Offering' to create a 'shared Network' with the
parameters required for your 'Public' No-NAT Network.

As you have two 'Guest' networks, you will need to assign each a unique 'Tag'.  Because of
the Tags the default Network Services Offerings will no loger function so you will need to
modify these or create new ones,

Most of this will have to be done using the API not the GUI

Kind Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com