cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: What are the steps from the CloudStack Management Server GUI to delete a single host?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:23:54 GMT
On 6/22/12 3:13 PM, "Evan Miller" <Evan.Miller@citrix.com> wrote:

>Thx. Interesting.
>
>From the API, it wasn't required to do all of that before
>deleting the host. I was able to successfully delete the
>host from the API (when it had no VMs).

Its not required, but it's recommended - that's how we ensure that there
are no running vms on the host (Maintenance will move them to other hosts
in cluster). We follow this flow in the UI.

If you try to execute deleteHost for the host in UP state using API, and
there are vms running on the host, you'll get an error saying that there
are running vms on the host. For you it was fine because the host was
empty.

>I guess this approach isn't recommended?

You can use it when you are sure that there are no running vms on the host.