cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Network offering issue
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:49:11 GMT
On 6/20/12 4:15 AM, "Ahmad Saif" <ahmad.abosaif@gmail.com> wrote:

>I want to create a machine with 2 network cards, on network will be
>nated and can be exposed directly to the intenet; and the other one will
>be private only.
>
>By default on advanced networking, when you create a new network it will
>use the network offer "Offering for Isolated networks with Source Nat
>service enabled". I've created another network service named "private"
>with dhcp and firewall only. to use it for the 2nd network interface on
>my vms.
>
>the problem is I can't find my network offer when I create the instance,
>also when I try to change the network offering after creating it form
>the default to "Private" -the network I created- it give me the
>following error :
>
>DEBUG [cloud.network.NetworkManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-89:job-85)
>Network offerings 8 and 7 have different values for specifyVlan, can't
>upgrade
>INFO  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (Job-Executor-89:job-85) Can't upgrade
>from network offering 7 to 8; check logs for more information
>
>my case is very simple i need network with public IPs, and another one
>with private ips only (no nating, no public ips)

1) specifyVlan on the network offering indicates if vlan has to be passed
in at the network creation - this is the case for our Shared networks. For
Isolated networks with the source nat service enabled we allocate Vlan at
the network implementation stage, therefore vlan is not accepted at
networkCreate, and specifyVlan=false for the network offerings like this.

You can't perform the network offering upgrade if the new/original network
offerings have different values for specifyVlan.

2) On deployVm dialog for network creation we present only Network
offerings that are:

* Isolated
* Source Nat enabled

Network of other types can be created only from Infrastructure page.

-Alena.