cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Changing the IP Address of a Cloudstack VM
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:13:17 GMT
On 6/7/12 12:05 PM, "Geoff Higginbottom"
<geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

>Basic Zones have different Guest CIDRs for each POD, so you can't
>allocate an IP, as the VM gets an IP from the Guest CIDR on the POD it is
>deployed on, if it moves to a new POD, it gets a new IP.
>
>See
>http://docs.cloud.com/CloudStack_Documentation/Design_Documents/Deploy_vm_
>with_custom_ip_address
>
>And http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack/cloudstack-networking
>
>And the Admin Guide
>
>Geoff

cloudStack doesn't support user vm migration between pods. Once vm is
created in Pod1, it will stay there till it's expunged.

But Jeff is right, if in Eric's the scenario 2 vms run in different pods,
assigning the ip address of vm from POD1 to the vm in Pod2 is not going to
work. Guest IP address should belong to the same Pod the vm was originally
deployed in.

-Alena.