cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Change network offering on Shared network
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:58:56 GMT
On 6/6/12 10:50 AM, "de Jong, Mark-Jan" <Mark-Jan.deJong@teoco.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I want to change the network offering on a shared network  in an attempt
>to disable the virtual router but am getting an error. I have run the
>following API command:
>
>curl
>http://localhost:8096/?command=updateNetwork&id=efd2ff02-bc35-4867-8367-84
>3ddebc0c96&networkofferingid=4fd6f8b4-4c67-4132-85f9-de1b428f53cc
>
>which results in the following error message in management-server.log.
>
>2012-06-06 13:07:12,466 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl]
>(Job-Executor-3:job-256) Executing
>com.cloud.api.commands.UpdateNetworkCmd for job-256
>2012-06-06 13:07:12,491 INFO  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
>(Job-Executor-3:job-256) NetworkOffering and domain suffix upgrade can be
>perfomed for Isolated networks only
>
>Is there a workaround? Can I alter the database directly to disable the
>networks virtual router? I was thinking of updating the networks network
>offering in table "networks" and then deleting ntwk_service_map entries
>for that particular network.

Network offering upgrade is not supported for Shared networks.
Changing the database won't do the job; initial Virtual router startup in
network depends on the initial network offering - we set the network rate,
dnsmasq settings, etc. So removing service_map is not going to change the
network setup on the backend. Besides, if you remove entries from
ntwk_service_map for the network, you have to re-insert it back based on
the new network offering.

What exactly you want to change for your network?

-Alena.