cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack scaling
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:53:36 GMT
On 05/06/12 4:18 PM, "Ahmad Saif" <ahmad.abosaif@gmail.com> wrote:

>Dose CloudStack support scaling? and how I can do this from the UI ?
>I know that I can stop the vm and change it's service, but I need to do
>this while the vm is running, increasing the RAM or CPU.
>is this applicable ?
>
>Thanks

CloudStack does not have support for hot add CPU/memory. In general
support for hot add/plug CPU, memory is not available across all the
supported hypervisors and guest operating systems.  If you are looking for
auto scaling the number of VM's depending CPU/memory load, then CloudStack
does not natively have auto-scaling. Enstratus, scalar, right scale which
has integration with CloudStack can provide auto-scaling functionality.