cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Unable to add an instance - speed=500Mhz, Ram=512 (host is in avoid set)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 04:13:52 GMT
On 6/4/12 8:07 PM, "Evan Miller" <Evan.Miller@citrix.com> wrote:

>Attached is the proper grep of job-14.
>
>In this small size instance scenario failure, is the XenServer
>the system that is saying 'Hey 500Mbytes isn't enough RAM'?
>
>I am trying to understand exactly which system is saying what
>in particular is insufficient.



Here is the reason for the failure: Nic reservation failed due to
Insufficient capacity exception (DirectPodBasedNetworkGuru.getIp:158):


2012-06-04 18:10:02,577 DEBUG [db.Transaction.Transaction]
(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Rolling back the transaction: Time = 2 Name =
-AsyncJobManagerImpl$1.run:393-Executors$RunnableAdapter.call:471-FutureTas
k$Sync.innerRun:334-FutureTask.run:166-ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker:1110-Th
readPoolExecutor$Worker.run:603-Thread.run:679; called by
-Transaction.rollback:837-Transaction.removeUpTo:780-Transaction.close:599-
DatabaseCallback.interceptComplete:67-DatabaseCallback.intercept:32-Network
ManagerImpl.assignPublicIpAddress:355-DirectPodBasedNetworkGuru.getIp:158-D
irectPodBasedNetworkGuru.reserve:146-DatabaseCallback.intercept:30-NetworkM
anagerImpl.prepare:1859-VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart:741-VirtualM
achineManagerImpl.start:461
2012-06-04 18:10:02,578 INFO  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl]
(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Insufficient capacity


Looks like the Guest network doesn't have free guest IPs in the POD1
targeted for deployment. To add the additional Ips, do this:

* select Zone
* Select Guest Network on the network diagram
* Add guest IP range to the POD.


-Alena.




>
>
>Regards,
>Evan
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Alena Prokharchyk [mailto:Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com]
>Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 7:41 PM
>To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Unable to add an instance - speed=500Mhz, Ram=512 (host is
>in avoid set)
>
>The setup lacks the resources. See more detailed information inline. Btw,
>to capture all logs related to vm deployment, grep by job-id should be
>done (in this case "grep job-14 management-server.log").
>
>-Alena.
>
>
>On 6/4/12 7:27 PM, "Evan Miller" <Evan.Miller@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>>Trying to setup a single, small VM to my cloud.
>>My cloud, so far, consists of:
>>
>>CloudStack Management Server:
>> *   OS = Centos 6.2 x86 64-bit
>> *   CPU = Intel 3050, 2.13 GHz
>> *   RAM = 2 Gbytes
>>
>>XenServer:
>> *   OS = Provided by XenServer 6.0.2 CD
>> *   Hardware = IBM 3250
>> *   CPU = Intel Xeon Dual Core, Single Physical CPU@ 1.86 GHz
>>
>>Template:
>>* CentOS 5.6(64-bit) no GUI (XenServer)
>>
>>Per the management log below, is XenServer refusing to setup the first
>>VM?
>>
>>
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,907 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) DeploymentPlanner allocation algorithm: random
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,907 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Trying to allocate a host and storage pools
>>from dc:1, pod:null,cluster:null, requested cpu: 500, requested ram:
>>536870912
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,907 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Is ROOT volume READY (pool already allocated)?:
>>No
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,907 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Searching all possible resources under this Zone:
>>1
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,909 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Listing clusters in order of aggregate
>>capacity, that have (atleast one host with) enough CPU and RAM capacity
>>under this
>>Zone: 1
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,910 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) CPUOverprovisioningFactor considered: 1.0
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,918 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Checking resources in Cluster: 1 under Pod: 1
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,918 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Calling HostAllocators to find suitable hosts
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,918 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Looking for hosts in dc:
>>1  pod:1  cluster:1
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,920 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) FirstFitAllocator has
>>1 hosts to check for allocation: [Host[-1-Routing]]
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,923 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Found 1 hosts for
>>allocation after prioritization: [Host[-1-Routing]]
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,923 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Looking for
>>speed=500Mhz, Ram=512
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,923 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Host name:
>>xenserver1-cs, hostId: 1 is in avoid set, skipping this and trying
>>other available hosts
>
>
>The host was put in avoid set some time before (the log fragment you've
>sent doesn't capture it). The host can be put in avoid set when it
>doesn't have enough resources for vm start (cpu/ram).
>
>
>
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,923 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14 FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Host Allocator
>>returning 0 suitable hosts
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,923 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) No suitable hosts found
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,923 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) No suitable hosts found under this Cluster: 1
>>2012-06-04 18:10:02,923 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Could not find suitable Deployment Destination
>>for this VM under any clusters, returning.
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,022 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) VM state transitted from :Starting to Stopped
>>with event: OperationFailedvm's original host id: null new host id:
>>null host id before state transition: 1
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,027 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Hosts's actual total CPU: 3732 and CPU after
>>applying overprovisioning: 3732
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,028 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) release cpu from host: 1, old used:
>>1500,reserved: 0, actual total: 3732, total with overprovisioning:
>>3732; new used: 1000,reserved:0; movedfromreserved:
>>false,moveToReserveredfalse
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,028 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) release mem from host: 1, old used:
>>1879048192,reserved: 0, total: 3775173696; new used:
>>1342177280,reserved:0; movedfromreserved: false,moveToReserveredfalse
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,183 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) VM state transitted from :Stopped to Error with
>>event: OperationFailedToErrorvm's original host id: null new host id:
>>null host id before state transition: null
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,888 INFO  [api.commands.DeployVMCmd]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14)
>>com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
>>create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-7-VM]Scope=interface
>>com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,888 WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : Unable
>>to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-7-VM]
>>2012-06-04 18:10:03,891 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-1:job-14) Complete async job-14, jobStatus: 2, resultCode:
>>530, result: 
>>com.cloud.api.response.ExceptionResponse@4ebe0382<mailto:com.cloud.api.
>>res
>>ponse.ExceptionResponse@4ebe0382>
>>2012-06-04 18:10:07,258 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl]
>>(catalina-exec-7:null) Async job-14 completed
>>
>>
>>
>>I, also, tried to create a medium size VM. This, also, failed with a
>>different error related to InsufficientServerCapacityException:
>>
>>
>>
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,550 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) DeploymentPlanner allocation algorithm: random
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,550 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Trying to allocate a host and storage pools from
>>dc:1, pod:null,cluster:null, requested cpu: 1000, requested ram:
>>1073741824
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,550 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Is ROOT volume READY (pool already allocated)?:
>>No
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,550 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Searching all possible resources under this
>>Zone: 1
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,551 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Listing clusters in order of aggregate capacity,
>>that have (atleast one host with) enough CPU and RAM capacity under
>>this
>>Zone: 1
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,552 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) CPUOverprovisioningFactor considered: 1.0
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,558 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Cannot allocate cluster 1 for vm creation since
>>its allocated percentage: 0.9243709585329766 will cross the disable
>>capacity threshold: 0.85 for capacity Type : 0, skipping this cluster
>
>
>CapacityType: 0 means RAM. When we analyze if host is capable for vm
>deployment, we always make sure the total RAM (including the RAM we are
>allocating for the vm), doesn't exceed RAM capacity threshold (global
>config variable cluster.memory.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold).
>
>
>
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,558 DEBUG [cloud.deploy.FirstFitPlanner]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Could not find suitable Deployment Destination
>>for this VM under any clusters, returning.
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,690 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) VM state transitted from :Starting to Stopped
>>with
>>event: OperationFailedvm's original host id: null new host id: null
>>host id before state transition: 1
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,694 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Hosts's actual total CPU: 3732 and CPU after
>>applying overprovisioning: 3732
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,694 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) release cpu from host: 1, old used: 2000,reserved:
>>0, actual total: 3732, total with overprovisioning: 3732; new used:
>>1000,reserved:0; movedfromreserved: false,moveToReserveredfalse
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,694 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) release mem from host: 1, old used:
>>2415919104,reserved: 0, total: 3775173696; new used:
>>1342177280,reserved:0; movedfromreserved: false,moveToReserveredfalse
>>2012-06-04 17:34:52,842 DEBUG [cloud.capacity.CapacityManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) VM state transitted from :Stopped to Error with
>>event: OperationFailedToErrorvm's original host id: null new host id:
>>null host id before state transition: null
>>2012-06-04 17:34:53,463 INFO  [api.commands.DeployVMCmd]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9)
>>com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to
>>create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-5-VM]Scope=interface
>>com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>>2012-06-04 17:34:53,464 WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : Unable
>>to create a deployment for VM[User|i-2-5-VM]
>>2012-06-04 17:34:53,464 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl]
>>(Job-Executor-9:job-9) Complete async job-9, jobStatus: 2, resultCode:
>>530, result: 
>>com.cloud.api.response.ExceptionResponse@7f378496<mailto:com.cloud.api.
>>res
>>ponse.ExceptionResponse@7f378496>
>>2012-06-04 17:34:56,985 DEBUG [cloud.async.AsyncJobManagerImpl]
>>(catalina-exec-17:null) Async job-9 completed
>>
>>How to overcome these errors?
>
>
>The solution will be - create the service offering with small amount of
>RAM/CPU (depends of how many vms you are planning to run on your host).
>Or add more hosts to the Xen cluster.
> 
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Evan Miller
>>
>>
>
>
>



Mime
View raw message