cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: Unable to add an instance - speed=500Mhz, Ram=512 (host is in avoid set)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 02:52:07 GMT
\> CapacityType: 0 means RAM. When we analyze if host is capable for vm
> deployment, we always make sure the total RAM (including the RAM we are
> allocating for the vm), doesn't exceed RAM capacity threshold (global
> config variable cluster.memory.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold).

Ohhh that's awesome - I hadn't ever noticed the CapacityType in those
messages - I created the following wiki page so people don't have to
go grepping source - but might be a good fit for a troubleshooting
document at some point:
http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/Debugging+lack+of+resources+errors

--David