cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: What is the best hypervisor for CloudStack
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:01:18 GMT
On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Jewel Nuruddin
<jewel.nuruddin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the comments but I want to know exactly which hypervisor is working more fine
with CloudStack, there must be one which is recommended by cloudstack.
> Thanks
> Jewel

It really depends on what your goal is for your cloud. Many folks have
2 or more hypervisors in their cloud for that very reason.

I personally find KVM to be the most flexible of all three, XenServer
to be the most performant, and VMware to be least libre and most
enterprise embraced.

If I didn't have a specific demand to fill from a hypervisor
perspective, I'd start with the hypervisor that you know the best -
you can always add a different one later. :)

--David