cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jane Wayne <jane.wayne2...@gmail.com>
Subject network configurations for zone, pod, and host on management server client app
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:19:01 GMT
i have installed CloudStack v3.0.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 Server following
the CloudStack 3.0 Quick Installation Guide. i am learning the system
and how to install/configure CloudStack, and so i have installed
CloudStack + Ubuntu on a virtual machine--which the guide says is
allowed. i have installed CloudStack + Ubuntu on VMWare Workstation
8.0.3 with the Network Adapter set to NAT.

in following the guide, i am now stuck on network configurations for
defining a zone, pod, and host when i log into the client webapp for
the management server (e.g. http://192.168.179:8080/client).

my ISP router has DHCP enabled and to assign IP addresses in the range
of 192.168.0.x (subnet mask of 255.255.255.0). so all my physical
computers have a 192.168.0.x IP addresses. however, VMWare Workstation
has assigned my CloudStack + Ubuntu VM with an IP address of
192.168.179.131 (probably because i'm using NAT). my XenServer
computer has an IP of 192.168.0.110.

just to experiment, i entered the following information for the zone,
pod, and guest. when i click on finish, it complains about overlapping
IPs. i think i am missing something fundamental conceptually here.
could someone help me clarify what these parameter values should be
given my particular situation?

zone
1. name: zone0
2. dns1: 192.168.0.1
3. internal dns1: 192.168.0.1

pod
1. name: pod0
2. gateway: 192.168.0.1
3. netmask: 255.255.255.0
4. ip range: 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.10

guest
1. gateway: 192.168.0.1
2. netmask: 255.255.255.0
3. ip range: 192.168.0.11 to 192.168.0.100

thanks