cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Static IP assignment
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:54:12 GMT
You can allocated IPs to Guest Instances, but only at the point of creation.

You need to create the Guest Instance using the API as this is the only official way you can
allocate an IP.

If you have already created the Guest Instances, I have been able to modify the Database,
then restart the network via the GUI and then re-boot or Ipconfig /renew within the VM and
you will get the required VM

Regards

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: dan@soleks.com [mailto:dan@soleks.com]
Sent: 20 June 2012 15:53
To: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Static IP assignment

Hi All,
Not sure if that question was discussed, but can't find information about it. Is it possible
to assign IP address statically ? I understand that CS is keeping persistent IP addresses
for VMs, but some time it is more convenient to assign static IP. As for example - we have
pool of web servers with 2 interfaces each  - for http traffic and for db traffic with 10.1.1.0/24
and 10.1.2.0/24 correspondingly. IP spaces for dynamic assignment is 1-223 in both networks.
In my configuration i'd like to keep 223-254 IPs for database servers and configure VMs statically.
Will it be possible ?

Dan/borei.