cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Michael Simos <Michael.Si...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Ubuntu guest support status
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 19:15:25 GMT
Check /var/log/messages for any errors. Also check /var/log/dnsmasq.log on the virtual router.
If you are using VLANs then it could be a problem with your L2 switch.

Mike

From: ronald higgins [ronald.higgins@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:08 AM
To: Michael Simos
Cc: cloudstack-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ubuntu guest support status

Thanks for the suggestion Simon.

Copied the dhclient binary off a Centos 5.7, coped it to /sbin/ on the
Ubuntu 10.04.4 box and created the links as described. Running the
dhclient eth0 I can see that it's the RedHat version from the output
but for some reason it's still not receiving DHCP offers from the VR:

No DHCPOFFERS received.
No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.

Any thoughts? Not having any other DHCP related issues on other O.S's :/