cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Frank Zhang <Frank.Zh...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: bare metal provisioning status
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 18:35:52 GMT
No, Baremetal will be a part of ASF CloudStack.
Baremetal1 is supported in CloudStack 2.2.x, it uses PING(Partimage Is Not Ghost) to provision
pre-created image to bare metal host by general PXE/DHCP setup which is programmed by CloudStack.

However, starting with 3.0 CloudStack introduced NaaS(Network as Service) that requires all
network participants to be coded in service/provider style,  the DHCP provider and PXE provider
in baremetal fall into
it. I am working on porting 2.2.x to 3.0, once it's stabilized, I will push it to ASF repo
maybe on a topic branch first.
After that, I will start a discussion on maillist for baremetal2.0, the goal is to support
kick start file and security group (these features are Linux only).