cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Wang <Jessica.W...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack bugs, CS-14896 (& is not encoded correctly when user tries to create an instance)
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:27:58 GMT
Olga,

http://bugs.cloudstack.org/browse/CS-14896

(1) CS-14896 is a cloudstack 2.2.x bug, NOT a cloudstack 3.0.x bug.

cloudstack 2.2.x UI is totally different from cloudstack 3.0.x UI (UI appearance is different
, UI architecture is different, UI code is different).

The bug exists only in cloudstack 2.2.x UI, but not in cloudstack 3.0.x UI.

Cloudstack 2.2.x is not in apache. Only cloudstack 3.0.x is in apache.
Please do not fix bugs whose version is 2.2.x.

(2) I did check whether cloudstack 3.0.x UI happens to have the same bug.

The bug says ampersand is not encoded correctly when trying to create an instance, but ampersand
is encoded correctly when trying to create an account (in 2.2.x UI).

In 3.0.x UI, it's the opposite => ampersand is encoded correctly when trying to create
an instance, but ampersand is not encoded correctly when trying to create an account.

So, I tried to fix account creation in 3.0.x UI.
Your fix (which is for 3.0.x UI) is to forbid special characters like ampersand being used
in account name when creating an account.
But cloudstack's server-side (API) does accept special characters in account name.
Therefore, UI shouldn't forbid special characters in account name.
Instead, UI should encode account name before it's being passed to API call.

I just checked in a fix(to encode account name before it's being passed to API call).

Jessica