cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Changing the IP Address of a Cloudstack VM
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 06:49:58 GMT
Whilst this would be possible if you were using Advanced Networking, although still only by
manual DB updating, and not via the GUI, you cannot do it with Basic Networking.

Using the API you can deploy VMs with a specific IP if you are using Advanced networking,
but you cannot with Basic networking, this is because with Basic networking each POD has a
different Guest CIDA, so if you shut down your VM then restart it later, it could be placed
on a different POD, and get allocated a different IP.

Geoff